VACANCIES & VOLUNTEERING
JOB DESCRIPTION: Participation Development Officer (Millions and Me)North Wales
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Participation Team Leader
LOCATION: Remote & 45, The Parade, Roath, Cardiff, CF24 3AB
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours a week
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term until Nov 2024 (Subject to funding)
Mission and Values
Voices From Care Cymru exists to improve the lives of care experienced children and young people in Wales, which we achieve by being an independent voice
The things we value are:
- Being Young-Person Led
Everything VFCC does is guided by care experienced children & young people. Our Board of Trustees is split between young people and professionals and we regularly consult children and young people on issues that are important to them.
- Equality For Everyone In Care
We believe that care experienced children & young people should have the same chances and opportunities as their non-care experienced peers. They should not have to face stigma, discrimination and barriers in life because of their care experience.
- Creating A Care Family
VFCC provides the opportunity for care experienced children & young people to meet, grow, learn and develop long lasting friendships.
- Being Aspirational
VFCC wants care experienced children & young people to be everything that they can be. We want to inspire them and nurture their potential.
- Celebrating Individuality
VFCC is a unique organisation and we recognise and celebrate the individuality and diversity of the children & young people we work with. We see that the different backgrounds, experiences and views of care experienced children & young people help us to develop as an organisation and better represent the wider care population.
PURPOSE OF POST
Funded by Children in Need, Millions and Me, this project will support the organisational expansion to work with 8- to 14-year-old care experienced children and young people across Wales. To transform wellbeing for those with emerging mental health needs. The postholder will seek to develop children and young people through new experience’s, sustainable interests, and activities. The successful candidate will have proven experience of supporting positive relationships by empowering through active choice and control. This post will also support care experienced children and young people to participate in VFCC’s wider work, including influencing systemic change, conferences and events.
- To engage in outreach work with children and young people which will include outreach visits, one to one’s and communication online and over the phone
- To manage a caseload of children and young people
- To act as a mentor for children and young people to engage them in new experiences and sustainable interests
- To use internal management case recording systems to maintain accurate evidence of intervention and support
- To build relationships with external partners
- To establish links with relevant professionals
- To plan, develop and facilitate group work in co-production with children and young people on topics such as self-help, positive relationships, and resilience
- To work with the Team Leader to develop project resources, impact measurement tools and monitoring information.
- To support the Team Leader and wider Voices staff to plan and deliver participatory events and activities including conferences
- To work with the Project Support Administrator on the development of Social Media content/campaigns
- To always represent VFCC in a professional manner
The VFCC experience:
- To ensure that Care Experienced Children and Young People have a positive experience of VFCC.
- To ensure VFCC is a safe and supportive environment for young people.
- Young people are meaningfully involved within Voices from Cares activities.
- To ensure the ethos of the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is consistent throughout the role.
- To actively promote and raise awareness of Voices from Care’s participatory activities
- That young people are signposted to other opportunities to fully develop their skills and experience.
Developing, organising, and delivering:
- Workshops as part of events run by other organisations in the sector, including leading delegations of young people, ensuring that the young people have their say.
- Developing workshops for groups of young people, to provide opportunities to influence policy, practice and change through a collective voice.
- Produce quality information for care experienced children and young people.
Making contributions to:
- Monitoring and evaluation programme
- Participate in the overall activity of the organisation that may include campaigning, research etc.
- Contribute to the development and review of VFCC’s systems and processes
· To work within the organisation’s policies and practice guidelines.
· To participate in supervision sessions, staff meetings, managerial meetings and other team activities.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be required by the project team leader/ senior management team.
The post is a combination of outreach fieldwork and office-based administration. The Participation Development Officer will be required to work the occasional evenings and weekends including residential overnight stays.
- At least two years’ experience of working with children and young people
- The postholder should hold Youth and Community qualification at level 3 or equivalent in a relevant field.
1. Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in the third sector.
- Experience of working with children and young people.
- Has knowledge and understanding of issues affecting care experienced children and young people.
- Understanding and ability to actively engage and support young people in participation opportunities.
- Experience of developing and facilitating workshops or programmes that empower young people.
- Experience of supporting young people in participation opportunities in order to influence change.
- Experience of building relationships with external partners/funders/ professionals.
- Experience of managing risk relating to activities and projects.
- Knowledge of service provision for children and young people, especially those with care experience.
- Thorough knowledge of safeguarding.
- Experience of updating and/or reporting on monitoring systems.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection (GDPR)
- Ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with, the emotional pressures associated with the experiences of some young people who have been through the care system.
- Ability to communicate effectively with young people and professionals, both in writing and verbally – including delivering presentations to groups of varying sizes.
- Ability to use Microsoft packages – e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Share and live the values of VFCC.
- Committed to equality and diversity.
4. Additional requirements
- Full, current, clean, UK driving licence.
- Willingness to travel throughout Wales meeting children, young people and professionals.
- Personal experience of the care system.
- Ability to speak Welsh.
If you have a drive to amplify and enable the voices of young people in Wales, then we may have the perfect job opportunity for you!
Voices From Care Cymru represents the views, rights and experiences of children and young people who are or have been looked after in Wales. Our aim is to ensure that young people’s voices are heard by decision and policy makers in Wales.
We currently have an opportunity for a participation Development Officer to join our expanding team.
Participation Development Officer – Millions and Me
AREA OF WORK:
HOURS OF WORK:
|Participation Development Officer
Participation Team Leader
45, The Parade, Roath, Cardiff, CF24 3AB
35 hours a week
£20,266.12 per annum
Fixed until November 2024
Purpose of Post:
Funded by Children in Need, Millions and me, this project will support the organisational expansion to work with 8- to 14-year-old care experience children and young people across Wales. To transform wellbeing for those with emerging mental health needs. The postholder will seek to develop children and young people through new experience’s, sustainable interests, and activities. The successful candidate will have proven experience of supporting positive relationships by empowering through active choice and control. This post will also support care experienced children and young people to participate in VFCC’s wider work, including influencing systemic change, conferences and events. If you wish to discuss this job opportunity further, please contact Sarah Hurley at Admin@vfcc.orguk.
We encourage applicants with personal experience of the care system
Closing date for applications: Sunday 23rd October 2022
Interview to be held in Llandudno on; 27th October 2022
To comply with VFCC’s Safeguarding policies, all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. VFCC operates robust safe procedures to enusre the protection of the children, young people and and vulnerable adults we work with.
Os oes gennych chi awydd i ehangu a galluogi lleisiau pobl ifanc yng Nghymru, yna efallai bod gennym ni’r cyfle gwaith perffaith i chi!
Mae Voices From Care Cymru yn cynrychioli barn, hawliau a phrofiadau plant a phobl ifanc yng Nghymru sydd yn derbyn gofal neu sydd wedi derbyn gofal. Ein nod yw sicrhau bod lleisiau pobl ifanc yn cael eu clywed gan y rhai sy’n gwneud penderfyniadau ac yn llunio polisi yng Nghymru.
Ar hyn o bryd mae gennym gyfle i Swyddog Datblygu Cyfranogiad ymuno â’n tîm sy’n ehangu
Swyddog Datblygu Cyfranogiad – Millions and Me
YN ATEBOL I:
ARDAL Y GWAITH:
MATH O GONTRACT:
|Swyddog Datblygu Cyfranogiad
Arweinydd y Tîm Cyfranogi
45, The Parade, Y Rhath, Caerdydd, CF24 3AB
35 awr yr wythnos
£20,266.12 y flwyddyn
Cyfnod penodol hyd at fis Tachwedd 2024
Diben y Swydd:
Plant mewn Angen sy’n ariannu Millions and Me a bydd y prosiect hwn yn cefnogi’r broses o ymestyn gwaith y mudiad gyda phlant a phobl ifanc rhwng 8 a 14 oed sydd â phrofiad o ofal ledled Cymru. Bydd yn trawsnewid llesiant i’r rheini sydd ag anghenion iechyd meddwl sy’n dod i’r amlwg. Bydd deiliad y swydd yn ceisio datblygu plant a phobl ifanc drwy brofiadau newydd, diddordebau cynaliadwy a gweithgareddau. Bydd gan yr ymgeisydd llwyddiannus brofiad amlwg o gefnogi perthnasoedd cadarnhaol drwy rymuso drwy ddewis a rheolaeth weithredol. Bydd y swydd hon hefyd yn cefnogi plant a phobl ifanc sydd â phrofiad o ofal i gymryd rhan yng ngwaith ehangach VFCC, gan gynnwys dylanwadu ar newid systemig, cynadleddau a digwyddiadau. Os hoffech drafod y cyfle gwaith hwn ymhellach, cysylltwch ag Sarah Hurley at Admin@vfcc.orguk.
Rydym yn croesawu ceisiadau gan ymgeiswyr sydd â phrofiad personol o’r system gofal
Y dyddiad cau ar gyfer ceisiadau: Dydd Sul 23 Hydref 2022Cyfweliad i’w gynnal yn Llandudno ar; 27 Hydref 2022
I gydymffurfio â pholisïau Diogelu VFCC, bydd pob ymgeisydd llwyddiannus yn cael gwiriad manwl gan y Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd (CRB). Mae gan VFCC weithdrefnau diogel cadarn i sicrhau bod plant, pobl ifanc ac oedolion agored i niwed rydyn ni’n gweithio gyda nhw yn cael eu hamddiffyn.
If you would like to register your interest in future job vacancies or volunteering roles, please contact us using the form below.