This is an unprecedented time for us all, the impact of the COVID-19 for care experienced children, young people, foster carers and social services will be significant. We know that many young people will feel lonely and isolated due to the impact of COVID-19 and in some cases may be in self-isolation. Like many other organisations Voices From Care Cymru office’s are temporarily closed as we are following the Governments advice. We are fully operational and are still supporting the care experienced community in Wales.

Our delivery model will have to change for the foreseeable future. We will endeavour to be as flexible as we can in the coming weeks and months as we know this is a reactive and ever-evolving situation. We will be providing up dates on new initiatives as they happen but for now this is our offer for our care experienced community. Our offer is open to any care experienced child or young person, from primary school up to care leavers up to 25.

Please click the links below to download the offer to our care experienced young people.


VFCC ‘Ein Cynnig’ Cymraig


VFCC ‘Our Offer’ English

There are numerous resources becoming available daily for people to access advice and guidance regarding the Coronavirus.

We will be updating this page whenever we find useful links.


Children’s Commissioner for Wales



Young Minds

Meic Cymru

NYAS Cymru

Children in Wales

Income and social security guidance


UK Government guidance for employees – includes information about sick pay, furloughed workers, claiming social security, support for the self-employed and support for rent costs


Housing guidance


Welsh Government guidance for tenants in the private rented sector

Shelter Cymru

Shelter Cymru provides a range of housing and homelessness advice and support.

Websites: and

Telephone: 08000 495495




Gas and Electricity

Gas and electricity suppliers have a duty to ensure that individuals who might be more vulnerable i.e. those with disabilities, underlying health issues and those with small children, are not at risk from being switched off from their supplies.

Out of gas and electricity and having to self-isolate

Payment codes can be bought from some suppliers which can then be typed directly in to your meter.

Out of gas and electricity fund

You can ask your supplier to top up the meter on your behalf. You will have to make repayments, the manner and timing of which can be negotiated with your supplier. You will need to provide information regarding your income or any social security you are claiming.


If you are an EDF customer and are struggling to meet payments for gas and electricity bills, this link takes you to its Customer Support Fund:


If you are or are part of a low income household and in receipt of means-tested social security, you may be eligible to receive support through the Dwr Cymru HelpU tariff:

If you have an emergency regarding your water supply, telephone 0800 281 432.


Mental Health


It is more important than ever to look after your mental health and wellbeing during this difficult time. The C.A.L.L. (Community Advice & Listening Line) is available to anyone concerned about their own mental health or that of a relative or friend. Its coronavirus webpage for children and young people provides helpful tips, advice and sources of support.


Telephone: 0800 132737 Text ‘help’ to 81066


Higher Education


If you are a current care-experienced student, you can contact your college or university for advice and support, especially if you’re living alone or in university accommodation. The named contacts for care-experienced students can be found at – type the name of where you are studying in to the search box to find and select your institution.These links take you to the main COVID-19 advice and guidance pages:

UK Government

Welsh Government

Public Health Wales

Social Distancing

This page explains how to comply with the social distancing rules and why it is so important that everyone abides by the rules.

Welsh Government